The Catacombs beneath your Castle are where you may secure your fighting forces and Resources in the event of an attack. Units inside the Catacombs will be protected in the event of a Raid or Siege - but also unable to participate in your Castle's defense.
While there is no limit to the number and type of Units that can be secured in the Catacombs, the amount of Resources that are automatically stored in your Catacombs is determined by its upgrade level.
The Catacombs have 2 interface tabs:
1. "Info" - This tab displays the amount of your Resources that will be protected in your Catacombs at its current upgrade level.
2. "Units in Catacombs" - This tab allows you to view the Units you currently have in your Catacombs, add more, or return them to active duty.
All Units sent to the Catacombs may also be managed directly from your Keep under the "Castle" tab. It takes one minute to recall or secure Units in your Catacombs. Successful enemy spying reports WILL NOT display Units withdrawn to the Catacombs.
SPECIAL NOTE: The Raiding mechanics have CHANGED with the addition of the Catacombs. From now on even if the amount of Resources in your Warehouses is less than 50% of their overall capacity - they will NOT be protected. The Raider will recover all the Resources their surviving Units can carry. To protect your Resources you may either upgrade the Catacombs or deploy Defensive Units to defend your Castle.
To build the Catacombs do the following:
1. Go to your Castle.
2. Open the "Construction" tab.
3. Open the "Command" tab and choose the Catacombs.
4. Choose a place in your Castle and start building.